top of page
THE MANNING'S SCHOOL
The history of Manning's School dates back to 1710 when Thomas Manning, a Westmoreland planter, generously donated a plot of land to aid in the building of the school. 28 years later the school was formally established. In 1780, a hurricane did extensive damage to the school. The school was repaired and has been in operation ever since. Sometime in the 20th century the school was reorganized into a Modern Grammar School.
The oldest existing part of the school is known as the Thomas Manning Building, named in honor of the school's founder. It is the most outstanding building on the entire school property and contains a library and many classrooms.
bottom of page